Friday, December 3, 2010

In the wreath making business...

I love Christmas and decorating for it! I decided to venture into making a wreath for my mom to hang on her front door. I went to hobby lobby and only spent $20 (1/2 off Christmas decor)! I was already excited, because that is way cheaper than buying one and I figured it would be more personal. And so I began to work on it. It was a little booger-bear. But after about an hour or two, I finished it. And this is what I got:

I love it and so does momma! It looks so good hanging up in the house. She wanted red and silver. Her Christmas theme throughout the house. I also decorated the mantle with some garland it looks similar to the wreath. But I added some tall silver snowflake candlesticks. They are to die for!

My aunt also wanted me to make her a wreath. This was hers before. Yes, before the fall. ha. Let me explain. I made her this wreath (she also does red and silver, but more silver so I opted for silver ribbon). Well the next day she calls and she had a little fall (she is ok), but the wreath was not. She was trying to hang it up standing on a computer chair (the rolling kind), well needless to say it didn't work. ha! So I went over there a few days ago and fixed her wreath again. It looks a bit different. I changed the ribbon--instead of a uniform look, it is more sporatic. I like it better, but didn't take a picture.

Anyways, I love doing this. I have made two more and will be soon to be working on another. If you would like one, leave a comment or e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment