Wednesday, October 6, 2010

third time's a charm...

So I've been hunting several times this year already (bow season opened in TN two weeks ago). Anyways, I have one stand that I claim as my own--we all do. I have already hunted my stand twice this year and haven't seen anything. So I have ventured into hunting some of the other spots. Well yesterday afternoon, Dad wanted to go with me to video in case I killed something, so we opted for my stand. So this would be the third time I've hunted this stand. And well, I killed a deer. Woo hoo! Third time really is a charm!

Quick story: Me and one of my friends made a fun little $5 bet that I would/wouldn't kill a deer this (yesterday) afternoon. Me being on the optimistic side of course! Well my dad said that isn't fair, because you might not see a deer. So we decided it would be $5 if I see one and $5 if I kill one. My friend for sure thought we weren't going to see anything, and if we happened to, it wouldn't get close enough for me to shoot. Well sure enough I won $10. ha!



This small spike (2 horns) stepped out in the field about 35 yds. I put my bow on him and shot. I was so excited, because I have never bow hunted before (this is my first year). So this is my first kill with a bow! I was overly excited.


Here I am with my little spike. I was so stoked. It was dark out when we found him--pitch black. The coyotes were howling and I was SO scared. They were laughing at me, because I'm a major scaredy cat when it comes to the dark and weird noises in the dark! Who wouldn't be?!
Well anyways I had to share my "good luck" hunting trip. Sorry for the blood in the pictures. Kinda gross, i know!

No comments:

Post a Comment