Friday, September 10, 2010

have your cake and eat it too...

Here lately it seems like all I have been doing is helping make cakes. We have made so many birthday cakes this year for family. We (my mom and I) have made an assortment of different cakes. I want to start making them to sell. Momma says no it is just for family. I know they aren't perfect but they are too darn cute and pretty good (if i must say so myself). Since I have never talked about the cakes we make, I thought it would be a good idea to dedicate this blog to the cakes we have made this year.


This cake was made for my brother who just turned 20. He is a very big hunter (family thing) and wanted us to make him a duck hunting cake. This was probably one of the easiest cakes we made, but definitely a big hit amongst hunters and boys of the family. Made by: Beth, Tiffany and Tina (my aunt).


These cupcakes were made for Jessica, Tina's daughter. I hand-decorated every cupcake for her party. Talk about a busy day! I loved doing this for her because she is not just my cousin but like a sister to me--my best friend.



Jessica's 20th birthday cake. This is a two-tiered zebra and pink with polka dots cake. Jessica's is a sassafrass. She wanted zebra and polka dots so this is what we came up with. She loved it and it seemed to be a crowd pleaser. This cake was also made by mom, aunt T, and me.


This is precious Kinsey Rebekah. She wanted a pink and brown polka dot cake. She also wanted her horse from toy story 3 on the cake. Aunt T made the cake and kinsey and hudson (my little brother) decorated it. I stood by to supervise the two little ones. They did great! They were very proud of this cake!!



This is one of my favorite cakes we made. Hudson's 7th party was a cowboy themed party. This is a two-tiered cow patterned, blue bandana cake. We made the haybells out of rice krispy treats and the star (sheriff badge) is a sugar cookie decorated. Made by: Beth, Tiffany and Tina.


This last cake is actually the first cake we ever made. This was my 21st birthday cake. I wanted a 3 tiered zebra and pink cake with a black bow. Mom, my other aunt, Teresa, cousin Lexi, and I made this cake. This was by far the hardest and lengthy (time wise) cake we have ever done. Of course, mine would be the most difficult. It of course is my favorite of all the cakes (probably a bit biased). I had a big 21st birthday bash with around 100 people at my party. This cake fed everyone. We also had cupcakes for back up. This cake made my birthday etra special for me.



Today we have to make a "country boy" theme cake and a chainsaw cake. These are probably going to be the most different and most detailed cakes we will make so far. I will be sure to upload the pics as soon as we get them finished. I am nervouse about these two cakes. Say a little pray that everything turns out right. Until later, remember it is okay to have your cake and eat it too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment