Wednesday, November 10, 2010

day 18!

Day 18 of 30: Something I regret.
"Some pages turned, some bridges burned, but there were lessons learned."-Carrie Underwood
Regret is such a big word--it has meaning. I have always promised myself to not regret anything, yet learn from whatever it was that you might regret. Sometimes I still regret something--unintentionally. I do not want to regret anything in life. Throughout this post I am going to use quotes that I use when I know I shouldn't regret something, but I do.
"I have no regrets in my life. I think that everything happens for a reason. The hard times that you go through build character, making you a much stronger person."-Rita Mero
I regret, in high school, bullying kids. Now, I know I wasn't the typical bully. I wasn't the mean, rebellious kid in the corner who was mean to everyone. But I did do my share of bullying. Yes, you know the looks you give the geeks, the comments you make about someone to them or behind their back. That is bullying. It is mean and uncalled for. I did it. I thought bringing other people down brought me up. Meanwhile in all actuality, it has only left me with a feeling of regret years later. I wish I could go back and find every single girl or boy whose feelings I hurt and apologize. Face-to-face, say I'm sorry for the pain I caused you. But that is nearly impossible. So now I must live with this feeling of regret knowing I hurt an innocent.
"Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience."-Victoria Holt
I regret not telling more about Jesus. It is my duty as a Christian to share the love of God. I seldomly do this. It is something I regret. I should be more willing and able to share God's word and love with others. Look what He did for me? Jesus paid it all, all to him I owe. So why am I scared to tell others about him? I shouldn't be.
"There are no regrets in life. Just lessons."--Jennifer Aniston
So these are my last words. Use your regrets. Turn them into lessons learned. Don't dwell on them, it will only make you miss livng for today. Learn from them and then move on. Live life to the fullest with no regrets or no worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment